Top Autism Sites
1. Autism Society of America - many helpful resources graces the pages of this website. Join their email list and receive updates on the latest news and press releases. This organization is comprised of family members, self-advocates, and parents. Learn about their many chapters throughout the country.
2. ASAN (Autistic Self Advocacy Network) - a national non-profit organization run by and for people with Autism. In this site, you'll find information on policy, and system changes. http://autisticadvocacy.org/
3. Autism Ocali – is a state center, but is also a great resource for research and evidence based, best practices, articles and app research. They have created a pdf and simplistic view of apps for students on the spectrum, but these learning platforms are used widely by parents of children with varying disabilities. www.ocali.org
4. Autism Research Institute – this site reports the latest research and causes to autism. It’s also useful for learning of the latest treatments, therapies, and statistics.
5. Autism Web – created by parents, this is a great site for learning teaching methods, diets and recipes, excellent resources, and forums that allows parents to share their stories and experiences. www.autismweb.com
6. Interacting with Autism - a video-based website that features the most current evidence-based
information available on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
7. Wrong Planet - Wrong Planet is the web community designed for individuals (and parents / professionals of those) with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADHD, PDDs, and other neurological differences. They have discussion forums, articles, blogs, and more.
8. Autism Speaks – is the organization that helped increase autism awareness in ways no other organization could match. This site provides comprehensive resources for all states and also has the famous 100 Day Tool Kit – which has proven to be very resourceful to many families. www.autismspeaks.org