I prepared a traditional Puerto Rican dinner (since this is my nationality). Our meal was Puerto Rico’s national dish: Arroz con Gandules (Rice with Pigeon Peas), of course, accompanied with a Pernil (Roast Pork) and a salad with lots of avocado!
- Tiki asked: What frog is native to Puerto Rico? Answer – “El Coqui.” A small tree frog well known for the loud mating calls the male frogs make at night.
- Richie’s card just said the word “Flag,” as it would be easier for him to say it – everyone started describing what the Puerto Rican flag looks like. We all got it right!
- My (Christine) question was: What is Puerto Rico’s National Anthem? Answer – “La Borinquena.” I played the anthem for everyone and translated the words for my husband Kirk, step-son Tiki, and son-n-law, Phil.
- Samantha asked: What is Puerto Rico’s National dish? Samantha was cute, she started to serve herself some Arroz con Gandules, hinting the answer to Tiki! Answer – Arroz con Gandules, usually served with Pernil.
- Phil asked: What is the capitol of Puerto Rico? Answer – San Juan. I think most of us knew this one!
- Kirk asked: What is Puerto Rico’s National holiday? Answer – November 19th is known as the Discovery of Puerto Rico Day! Then he followed it up with a bonus question: Who discovered Puerto Rico? Answer – Christopher Columbus!
© 2016 Sensory Friends